The fast track system can be used where the deceased died domiciled in one of the fast track jurisdictions and a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration have already been obtained in the country of domicile. A Jersey Grant of Probate is required when the total value of the Jersey assets held by a person domiciled outside of Jersey exceeds £10,000.
We assist individuals, law firms and institutions to obtain grants of probate in the Island in order to release the asset(s) held in Jersey. We charge a competitive fee for such applications and provide a very efficient turnaround time. In addition, if the deceased held an asset in the Island with certain financial institutions, a discount may be applicable.
If the deceased died domiciled in one of the fast track jurisdictions but probate or letters of administration have not been required, a full probate application will be required. For further information on this service please read our information on our Foreign Probate services.
What is required?
The following documentation and information is required:
- A court sealed and court certified copy of both the grant of probate and the will (or the letters of administration where appropriate).
- The original or a certified true copy of the death certificate.
- Information as to the source of wealth of the deceased.
- A copy of the confirmation of the value of the deceased’s Jersey assets at the date of death.
- Provision for stamp duty as per the tariff detailed on this website.
- A sworn Oath (prepared by Viberts).