News and Insights
6 October 2020
We are monitoring the ongoing developments concerning the coronavirus outbreak, as well as reviewing the most up to date guidance set from the Government of Jersey. Whilst we realise that the number of confirmed cases in Jersey remains low, our priority is the health and safety of our clients, suppliers and staff.
As a result of effective planning, Viberts is well placed to continue supporting the legal needs of our clients and fulfilling work as usual. We have taken a range of measures to overcome the challenges posed by coronavirus and maintain business continuity including:
- Testing of software, systems and assessing the operational effectiveness of our business contingency policies and procedures.
- Conducting testing of the operational functionality of key members of staff when working off-site – the results of those contingency assessments have been very positive.
- Communicating daily with staff, or more frequently where required, to provide status updates regarding the coronavirus and its impact.
- Contingency planning to ensure that the firm is prepared for any updated information from the Government of Jersey regarding guidance on self-isolation to ensure our working relationships continue as normal.
- With immediate effect suspending all business development events until circumstances permit us to reschedule.
- Limiting face to face contact in favour of other methods of communication, such as the telephone, teleconferences and virtual meetings.
- Advising employees to self-isolate and avoid contact with others for 14 days if they have returned from affected countries as per the advice from the Government of Jersey.
- Enforcing 7-day self-isolation for employees who are suffering with specific symptoms as specified by the Government of Jersey guidance.
- Effecting working from home provisions, where appropriate, in line with our firm-wide flexible working policy.
- Significantly upgraded our already high cleaning and sanitisation regime.
We have taken, and will continue to take, all necessary measures to maintain business operations while ensuring the health and safety of all personnel involved. We remain on hand to assist with any concerns that you may have, including the legal implications of coronavirus for your business and key stakeholders.
We will keep all clients abreast of any further developments in our approach to dealing with the coronavirus outbreak, and we wish you well in this challenging time. Viberts are here for you and very much open for business – if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to make contact a member of the Viberts team.