Senior Associate | Advocate
Michelle is an Advocate and Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team. She deals with a variety of areas including dispute resolution, regulatory work, trusts law, data protection and personal injury.
Michelle is currently supporting a number of clients in relation to treatment they received at the Rheumatology Department of the Jersey General Hospital.
Michelle’s key experience includes:
- Representing the Jersey Financial Services Commission in respect of Horizon Trust and its principles, its successful defence of the appeal against its decision to ban the appellant from the finance industry and issue a public statement. Francis v JFSC JRC203A.
- Representing the Government of Jersey departments on the Independent Jersey Care Inquiry.
- Advising on and managing the Historic Abuse Redress Scheme which provided compensation for individuals who suffered abuse at Haut de la Garenne and other residential children’s homes.
- Advising trust companies on regulatory and trust matters. Including undertaking an independent investigation for a large Trust Company arising from potential breaches of the JFSC Codes of Practice, advising on remedial actions and avoiding enforcement action.
- Representing beneficiaries in trust disputes.
- Representing both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury matters.
- Providing training to financial services businesses on AML, CFT and directors duties.
Michelle is mum to two young boys, and enjoys walks on the beach with her border collie. In her spare time Michelle leads the fundraising team for the RNLI Jersey.