We regularly advise architects, building companies, contractors, developers, homeowners, sub-contractors, and other construction professionals in relation to residential and commercial construction disputes.
We work with a panel of carefully selected experts who can provide independent, skilled and specialist opinions. These experts have the requisite experience necessary to provide court compliant opinions and are adept at providing evidence in court should it be required. This collaborative approach ensures our clients have the strongest case possible.
The type of advice that Viberts provide in this area include:
- Advising on the applicability of insurance.
- Disputes relating to defective works/remedial works.
- Disputes relating to final accounts, including delay and extension of time claims.
- Payment disputes under construction contracts.
- Professional negligence on construction projects.
- Contractor/employer insolvency.
- Retention of title claims.
The parties from the practice we have engaged with have become trusted by our company and this is borne though by their thorough engagement, the clear understanding of the objectives, and the freedom of discussion. In highly charged areas of construction disputes they have managed tensions, removed obstacles, respected views and manged a clear pathway to deliver a result.
Legal 500 2021
Viberts’ team is in my view impressive. Their partners are first rate, and provide a service on Jersey that is at least the equal of the very top firms operating in comparable areas of law in London.
Legal 500 2022