Dispute Resolution Partner | Advocate
With over 35 years’ experience, Beverley is a leading dispute resolution practitioner and regulatory law adviser. Beverley was Head of Commercial Litigation at Mourant until establishing Lacey Advocates in 2013.
Beverley a well-seasoned litigator who has acted in many of the leading cases to come before the island's courts. She has conducted countless regulatory investigations and enforcement matters, acting both for the regulator and for leading members of Jersey’s finance industry.
Recent examples of the services Beverley provides include:
· Francis v Jersey Financial Services Commission: acting for the JFSC in successfully opposing an appeal against banning Mr Francis from the Island’s financial services industry.
· On behalf of a major trust company, investigating and conducting disciplinary proceedings in relation to the unlawful use of “restricted information” under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law. Reporting to the JFSC throughout.
· Overseeing the team conducting fraud litigation against a major trust company and former principal persons.
· Overseeing major remediation projects on behalf of trust companies at risk of losing regulatory licences.
· Representing all Departments of the Government of Jersey before the Jersey Care Inquiry and on the Historic Abuse Redress Scheme.
· Representing beneficiaries in trust disputes.
· Drafting bespoke Terms of Reference and Statements of Responsibility for regulated boards of directors and their committees.
· Delivering training to trust companies, including on AML/CFT legislation and directors/principal persons’/key persons duties.
Beverley has a proven track record of ensuring clients can successfully overcome the legal and regulatory challenges faced by financial services businesses and their principals.
Outside of work, Beverley enjoys sailing and walking her golden retriever.
Whenever there is a strategic question or politically sensitive issue that has needed her senior judgement, she was available, helpful and knew exactly what was going on. Has the ability to quickly identify the issues and think outside the box to provide solutions.
Beverley is highly regarded for her practice in regulatory litigation, including her work defending the States of Jersey against historic abuse claims.